The MetriCan Group of Companies are committed to providing a motivating, healthy and safe work environment for all its employees internationally. The key success factor to any thriving organization are its employees.
If you are interested in working within an environment that promotes leadership, development, innovation and creativity please submit your resume to our human resources department for review. Please see the Contact Us page for HR contact information for our various facilities.
The Winning Formula for Employment at MetriCan:
Commitment to Customers
At MetriCan, customers come first. We strive to provide incomparable customer service which is the foundation of our success. MetriCan prides itself in how our employees make every effort to appease our customers. Our customer’s success ensures our success!
Commitment to Quality
MetriCan strives to deliver the very best products and services. We continuously improve processes and procedures to produce high quality products and innovative solutions for our customers.
Integrity and Respect
We are in it for the long haul; hence, it is crucial that we, as individuals and as an organization, commit to one another, our customers and our partners. We always exemplify professionalism, respect to people and demonstrate honesty and trust to build an integrity-driven environment. Team spirit is high - creating an environment that is energetic, fun and strong!
Press OperatorOakville, ONThursday, January 19, 2023
Metrican is a leading Tier 2 supplier of metal automotive components. Our diverse capabilities allow us to serve all manufacturing needs, from prototyping to production.
At Metrican we are looking for positive, team-oriented people who can also work independently. It is imperative that all employees focus on efficiency, quality, continuous improvement, and most importantly, safety.
The Press Operator is responsible for the safe operation and set-up of metal stamping production. Responsibilities include transfer die set-up, troubleshooting, and efficient operation of 250T to 1320T presses. Full safety, quality and production training will be provided.
- Day Shift: 6:30 am to 3:00 pm Monday to Friday
- The safe and efficient operation of a transfer metal press (250 to 1320 Ton)
- Must meet assigned production quotas and requirements
- Set-up manual, progressive, and linear transfer dies for metal stamping production
- Maintain production logs and documentation
- Work with QC personal on ensuring quality is maintained during production and setup
- Quickly resolve metal stamping production issues, preserving production quotas and timelines
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Automotive metal stamping / manufacturing production experience is required
- Linear Transfer System experience is an asset
- Metal stamping production set-up experience, preferably with 600 Ton to 1320 Ton metal transfer presses
- Familiarity with Quality Documentation / ISO9001 / TS16949
- Understand basic written and verbal instructions to complete assigned tasks
- Valid Lift Truck Training is an asset but not required
- Valid Overhead Crane Training is an asset but not required
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- $20.00 to $27.00 per hour
- Company paid Healthcare Benefits after 3 months
- Pension Plan available after 1 year
- Personal Protective Equipment Safety Allowance provided
- Metrican is accessible by public transportation
- Opportunities for advancement
Metrican is an equal opportunity employer who provides an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process.
Other companies may call this position: setup operator, set-up operator, production operator, metal stamping, machine operator, automotive production worker.
No Agency calls pleaseContact Human Resources